Countries all over the globe had been severely affected by this Pandemic, which has existed for the last 2 years.
Various scientists and researchers begged their ability to derive some solutions to this recurring problem in the last few years. Different Nations worked on their technique for resolving this disease caused by the SARS-COV-2 Virus. The best option relied on making VACCINES of the illness which would prevent the uninfected population from further being on the unaffected side.
INDIA has not been back this time; it came with many vaccines, of which the most successful in terms of testing & protection tendency was COVAXIN.
What is Covaxin?
It is in form of inactivated vaccine, which provides active immunity to the body.
Here; the same pathogens but in an inactive or dead state are injected into the body which mount suitable response from our immune system & temperature of the body sometimes increases to activation of the immune system.
So, a defensive reaction against the virus is already present in vaccinated individuals.
Who developed Covaxin?
It was developed by Bharat Biotech which is a pioneering biotechnology company known for its world-class R&D & manufacturing capabilities.
Bharat Biotech has over 160 patents and came into action in the year 1996.
Why you should prefer Covaxin?
Now in the varieties of given & recently discovered vaccines, why covaxin has a huge application in countries like INDIA, due to the following reasons:-
- A covaxin injected person confirms covaxin – induced – immune memory, indicating that this COVID – 19 vaccine has long-term protection against severe diseases.
- Also; the researchers surprisingly confirm that T&B cell memory generated by natural infecting is similar to that which is generally generated by COVAXIN.
- A greatly valuable point is that it is India’s 1st fully indigenously developed. COVID-19 vaccine; which further adds to the country’s economic status.
- The antibodies generated in response to the vaccine are also similar to that caused by any natural infection.
- It boosts immunity which at least lasts for 6 months.
- This vaccine is also easily accessible in even remote areas; due to its large amount of protection.
- It is also safe to use for the majority of the population (excluding some specific cases who are undergoing critical treatments or post-surgical care).
The authorities two times the dosage of this vaccine and the gap between them to be approximately greater than 30 days or one month or 4 weeks.
However, its recommended for people with very weak immune response capacity after 4-6 months of being given these 2 vaccinations consequently, a booster dosage is recommended.
Side-effects of Covaxin:
Not finding its vigorous side-effects in healthy populations excluding those who are taking serious medications.
Some common side-effects of covaxin include:
- Swelling in throat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Allergic reaction
- Body ache
- Chest pain etc….
- Stiffness in the upper arm can have effects
Who is not recommended to take covaxin?
Those who are in the following conditions must not take vaccination directly, without prior consultation with their respective doctors/physicians:-
- Fever or bleeding disorder
- Weaker immunity
- On a medicine that affects the immune system
- Already vaccinated through another COVID-19 vaccine
Delaying the vaccine due to any myth or superstitions is not recommended because covaxin is a recommended vaccine and its undergone the required number of trials and it’s stamped as a sale vaccine for the masses So depending upon the condition of one’s body and the guidelines of Bharat Biotech Hydrated on can take necessary steps.
- Heart Failure and Calcium Channel Blockers - May 19, 2022
- Know the magic of early morning study | Benefits of studying early - May 17, 2022
- Everything you need to know about Covaxin - May 16, 2022