Till today how many times have you eaten Maggi? (I am sure you can’t count because it’s infinite) hence, we consider ‘many a times’ so, can you remember the correct spelling of Maggi while typing it? Or which company manufactured it? (it is written right above the packet by the way) or how many square feet your house is? Of which publications published a book which you recently bought? What is the material of cloth you are wearing? Is it cotton, silk, nylon, or what? How easy the questions are! Don’t you think?
But, sadly you most of us don’t know the answers. You might have been thinking that what will I do by finding the answers or the questions are so silly and useless, they are not important at all! Then, my dear reader, you are wrong. The truth is, those things are important, “little things in life are important“.
Now the question is, what is the use of grabbing such information? Or why is it important to gain knowledge about these small yet useful things? This is a practice, a practice to make your brain sharp-witted, more curious, and to increase your thinking ability. By looking at what surrounds you not only increases your observation power but also without knowing, your brain practices the habit of learning. And automatically, you feel smarter and confident by grabbing such information. The brain needs the training to modify its habits and this is a very simple way to do this. And most importantly, gaining knowledge from all perspectives is a key to enter into the smarter world.
What Great Minds Do?
When it comes to granting knowledge, be a monster! What monsters do is, eat everything that comes in their way. Do the same, grab everything that comes in your way. People surrounded by you may have some skills, like their way of talking, dressing, or his or her techniques of studying, their fitness regime, or anything. Just learn them, pour them into your life. Your heart knows what is wrong for you, just ignore those things. This world has so much to give you, be ready to accept that! Don’t hesitate while asking for help because doing that will show you the new perspective of something from which you may be unaware.
These small and easy steps will help you to become a “monster mind” –
- Whenever you go shopping, make sure to read the labels, this will help you to know more about the product, its contents, and so on.
- Take a tour of your house, this may sound crazy, but you will get a lot of new information like what type of mattress you’re using, which type of woods are being used in the furniture, try to learn the names of cereals you guys have in your house. These small things are so important to become an all-rounder.
- Check out your daily habits let’s start in a sequence, is you wake up at a good time? Is your brushing method is right? And so on. You can use experts advice which is easily available on the internet. Change the one which you find wrong or improve the lacking area.
- Read a newspaper or watch the news at least for 20 minutes.
- Move out from your comfort zone, try something new.
- Maintain your emotional health. It is not necessary to react to every situation you are facing in your life. Stay silent, trust the process. ” Silence is the language of God all else is a poor translation” – Rumi.
- Maybe you are lacking consistency.
- Also, keep yourself healthy, it is not necessary to join a gym, you can go for a morning walk or do yoga whatever suits you. A healthy person is more productive and can easily grasp knowledge.
- Keep yourself busy, so you can stay away from unnecessary drama.
- Have an analytical brain. Differentiate between what is right and what is wrong for you and your loved ones.
- Build good relationships, have a positive discussion.
- Read. It may sound boring to some people, but investing time in reading books rather than scrolling social media is a much better option. A book comes with trust, whether you can’t trust on ‘ internet things ‘ all the time.
- Check your definition of being ‘ cool ‘. A cool-minded person never wastes his/her energy on something that bothers them. They think about it silently and just let it go. Any other definition than this is not true and can destroy you mentally. Today’s teenagers, as well as some adults, have a false definition of being ‘ cool ‘, and those who follow this false definition are the most insecure people because they constantly need to put the layers of false apprehensions, without listening to their inner voice they are influenced by the wrong ones, constantly in touch with the virtual world will detach them from the reality, and when reality hits they are unable to handle it and lose their control or they may get Into depression or anxiety. Your mind knows everything, especially the right things for you. Don’t get influenced by such people because that doesn’t add value to your life. Listen to your mind.
So, get your brain’s ” monster mind ” version with these tips and all the willpower you have!
- Hi there, my name is Subin Joshua, and I am a Medical student. I grew up in a family of teachers and know that being a social worker is my calling. My passion for helping others has been evident in my involvement in helping the poor and needy for the last three years. Through those experiences, I have learned to interact with a diverse group of people, which has increased my ability to relate to others.